Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

No Bake Muesli Slice

I hate turning on the oven for just one item!! I cannot wrap my head around wasting electricity like that. So when I wanted to make something Lil'A and I could both have that wasn't overloaded with sugar it was a toughy! I ended up adapting a no bake cookie recipe that has worked out a treat for us, and can be adapted to have whatever you want in it!!

No-Bake Muesli Slice
  • 3/4 c soft brown sugar
  • 1/2 c margarine or 110 g butter
  • 3 c rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp custard powder
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1-2 c of what ever you want to add!!! My mix usually includes diced apricots, sultanas, dried cranberries, linseed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chopped dates... The list goes on!!
  • In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, butter/margarine, custard powder, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to the boil, stirring to ensure butter melts evenly and sugar dissolves, and allow to boil for a minute and a half, or 90 seconds
  • Remove from heat and blend in the peanut butter
  • Add oats, vanilla and your additional ingredients. Blend until combined
  • Press into a lined fudge tin, or similar small square tin, and refrigerate until set (leaving it overnight is best)
Once set, the slice can be cut into small squares, or portions of your choice. Best kept in the fridge to maintain their shape. Lil'A loves bite sized pieces of this as morning tea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment