Finding these amazing trinkets that people take for granted makes me wonder, why don't more people have a passion for restoration and revival? Sure this isn't the newest and flashiest of strollers, it doesn't steer around corners like modern strollers do, but how funky do you look when you have a perfect condition antique rolling down the street?!?! Aunty S has a house full of trinkets found tossed by other people that just needed a little TLC; a touch of paint, a quick sand down, even something as simple as this stroller required like a gentle sponge bath.
The next day my Dad arrived with a present from my sister. I knew I was expecting a toy chest for Lil'A to have in his room. What arrived through my front door was far from what I had expected...
Both of these items just required that little bit more loving to return to a usable state, and no I did not pay hundreds of dollars for replicas or newer items that would fulfil the same purpose. If you are heading out shopping this weekend, whether it be for furniture, clothing or otherwise; give the people at Savemart, Hospice or Salvation Army a visit. Not only are you saving a pretty penny, your money is contributing towards a good cause also.
http://www.hospice.org.nz/
http://www.savemart.co.nz/
http://salvationarmy.org.nz/giving-back/family-stores/


No comments:
Post a Comment