Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Temper Tantrums and Vehicle Maintenance

And I'm not talking about the toddler kind...

Lil'A's birthday present has been sat on top of the couch for two weeks now awaiting his birthday. It took all my strength not to open the box and to leave it there, the temptation of breaking the seal and tooting the horn too great to bear!! Well with his birthday being tomorrow, of course I thought I better get it out tonight and ensure it was in working condition. This is what I found...

Holy moley!!! Amongst the jigsaw of puzzle pieces I found the instructions for assembly. At least I think that is what they were... They were written in a foreign language that seem more difficult to decipher than ancient Mayan hieroglyphics, using expressions including "gasket" and "jump-ring". Last time I checked I don't think I had been awarded my PhD in Mechanical Engineering, nor was I a mechanic for NASA.

Despite the set backs I carried on!! Turned out the axis' were two different sizes and two of the wheels had longer axis' sleeves than the other (yes, amongst all this I seem to have determined what the technical names are for their required mechanics!) Almost at the finish line I discovered that the hieroglyphics had failed to inform me that the rear support to stop the car tipping required application before the attachment of the wheels. Removing tiny jump-rings four times is not my idea of fun!!!

After all the sweat, tantrums, tears, phone calls to a male requesting mechanical assistance... It was complete!! And no pieces were left behind!!

Now hiding under a blanket for Lil'A to find tomorrow, I am hoping that my hard work does not go unrewarded. I have inserted the batteries and test driven the sound button, and now know that I have subjected myself to a year plus of listening to a singing car with a very squeaky horn. Please let the batteries die quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment